Today was probably the hardest day, even though it was the shortest. The traveling and driving is really getting to me. I just want to sleep for a long time and not have to drive! But I’m only about halfway through.
Itinerary: Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO.
Miles driven: ~300 miles. That’s nothing! I used to drive that distance and more to college, by myself, with a car full of stuff!
Highlights: Nice time hanging out with friend E, meeting her son T and having a delicious brunch at M. Henry. Eating Andy Cap Hot Fries! Getting to the halfway point of this journey!
Food eaten: fried egg sandwich at M. Henry in Chicago; Hot Fries and peanut M and Ms; amazing ribs, slaw, and ginger ale at Pappy’s Smokehouse in St. Louis.
As stated before, this journey has been really food-focused and we’ve been having an amazing time filling our stomachs with good eats. Thanks to all my friends near and far for their food recommendations. Yelp can only be so reliable. The ribs were a suggestion from an old co-worker. The brunch was with my friend E and it was delicious. Definitely no complaints from my stomach. Hopefully we won’t be gaining 10 pounds!
I’m feeling blessed to have such good friends:
- like S who’s driving with me halfway! What a trooper.
- like E whom we stayed with in Chicago
- like L who recommended the amazing Reuben at Zingerman’s in Ann Arbor
- like J who took us to eat buffalo wings in Buffalo
- like R who recommended Pappy’s Smokehouse in St. Louis
- and all my amazing friends and family who’ve been reading my blog, commenting, and also sending along well wishes on email, Facebook, and text. I don’t have enough time to write everyone back, but if you’re reading this, know that I hold ALL of you in my heart and am sending mental hugs and thanks back to you.