I took an action research class in the spring of 2012, and I came up with this set of aspirations that I wanted to set my mind to and keeping coming back to.
This helped me to set direction and goals for myself, and the intent is to take actions that move me closer toward these aspirations, which also may change in the process.
- I want a job where I can be in a team of colleagues that are smart, action-oriented, and creative where we are pushing each other to think and act innovatively.
- I want to live in a city/ community where I know my neighborhood and where I can be involved in making positive changes.
- I want to make travel a part of my life.
- I want to be more involved with food justice and systems, alternative economies, social entrepreneurship, social change initiatives and innovations.
- I want to take more risks.
- I want to learn to trust my inner voice, my gut feelings (which I haven’t always done which has caused me to hesitate and not take risks.)
- I want to build more structured reflection and action planning into my life.
- I want to become a yoga instructor and practice more.
- (added June 2012) I want to train for and enter a triathlon.