I need to analyze my aspirations after taking certain action steps. These are the action steps I am planning:
- Talk to lots of people.
- Read books/ websites.
- Share with colleagues/ supervisor that I will be quitting my job at the end of August. (DONE! Resigned job at end of August 2012)
- Put in transition plan and implement it through the summer. (DONE! Transitioned out of job through summer 2012 and passed on duties to appropriate staff in a healthy and productive (in my opinion, hopefully everyone else’s, too!) way.)
- Plan my travels for after I quit (September to November). (DONE! Planning was done at a minimal level- my first destination, signing up as a WWOOFer in New Zealand…)
- Travel! (Done for now. Traveled for 3 months to New Zealand, Bali, and parts of Malaysia from mid September to mid December 2012. But travel will always be a part of my life. Now I have to save up money for my next big travels…)
- Come back to the U.S. and determine my next steps. (Done for now. I came back to the U.S. after my travels, was stationed at my parents’ home for a bit, and then determined my next steps, which involved moving to the West Coast of the U.S.!)
- Move to where I will undertake my next steps. (with or without a job) (In progress. I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in the summer of 2013 with a summer job, a roommate/ place to live, and all my belongings. As of November 2013, I have a full-time job with benefits and am pondering my next steps.)
- Make new action steps for the next “phase.”
Updated December 19, 2012
Updated November 27, 2013