Stunning Sunset: One of Life’s Blessings
This is the first summer in a long time (at least within my memory) that I can remember appreciating the change in rhythm of the summer. Things slow down a bit. People are a bit more friendly. I feel a little looser about things. And this summer, I’m really feeling the “break” aspect of summer. Even though I don’t get a break myself and summer is actually busier at work, I can feel the “vacation” spirit in the air.
I’m loving the later hours the sun stays up. I’m also loving living near the beach where I can take a quick walk or drive down there to see beautiful sunsets like this (can you believe the reflection in the still water? it’s intense!!!)
and this (a bit ominous with the sign, but it sets an interesting story. plus more amazing reflections.)
and this (that’s the Boston city skyline in the far distance)
I’m so lucky to be alive and living where I live! I am counting my blessings more and more and this has been such a joy– to see all the amazing aspects of my life’s blessings:
- having a steady job, skills, and the ability to make a living where I am comfortable, not in debt, and able to even afford luxuries like travel, my techie gadgets, and dinners out. So even after I leave this job, I’m pretty confident that I’m going to be able to make a living doing something else.
- my amazing friends and community of people whom I love and who love me just as I am.
- my quirky and wonderfully unique family. My parents who’ve never pressured me to be something or someone that I’m not. My brothers who are doing their thing and being wonderful role models for their kids and loving husbands for their wives.
- my health. My only weakness there is my eyesight. But other than, I have good health!
- a wonderful place to live for now. With fresh air, lots of space, and a happy “welcome home” feeling.
- the ability to cook and clean, without it being because I’m a woman but just because I love to do it, and I love the effects after I do it: getting to eat good food, getting to live in a clean environment.
- confidence in and love for myself. I haven’t always felt this, and it’s still a challenge to remember that I AM good enough for myself and those around me. Keep riding that wave of confidence and love, I have to keep telling myself.
I’m feeling blessed today. And even when life gets difficult or when I’m feeling fearful and uncertain of what lies ahead, I know that I have all this to provide a safety net in case I fall. I’ve been fortunate enough not to fall too hard in the past, and it’s because of these amazing blessings. Sending out thank you waves to the universe for all that has made my life possible.